Another Great Lunch

by Meghann on October 13, 2008

Today my lunch was perfection. All of the different flavors were amazing. I took my time chewing and enjoying every last bite.

I toasted two amazing piece of Dave’s Killer Bread. On one piece I smeared Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves; on the other I had Almond Butter coated with Apple Slices. This bread really is AMAZING! It’s sooo nutty and flavorful it really doesn’t need anything else on it. This whole meal was actually based on me wanting to consume more of this bread!

On the side I had the left over Apple Slices and leftover Golden Nugget Acorn Squash Pasta. I only had a tiny amount leftover, so it was perfect as a side dish for this meal.

I loved having all of the different flavor choices on my plate. I would take a bite of one flavor then pick and choose what my next flavor choice would be. I enjoyed this meal very slowly and appreciated every bite.

For my mid-morning snack I nibbled on a mini Pistachio Larabar and a Strawberry Fruit Strip.

Today, I was very productive and wrote up my meal plan for the upcoming week. This has been a habit I picked up when I first started losing weight and I always felt it to be a helpful element. If I know I already have something planned for dinner waiting for me at home, then I am always less tempted to hit up a random drive through while I am out.

Does anyone else make up meal plans for the week? Mine usually revolve around the weekly Publix circulars where I can check out what is on sale and design my meals around those items.

1 VeggieGirl October 13, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Meghann, your meals are ALWAYS amazing, great, etcetera – and colorful 😀

I definitely make up meal plans for the week, since I need to make sure that I’m properly fueled for dance, and know when I need to go food-shopping.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!!

2 maggie October 13, 2008 at 1:36 pm

I was meal planning earlier in the year because it makes shopping so much easier… but recently I haven’t had time and I miss it. I should probably start up again though. The reason I like to meal plan is not that I’m tempted to hit up a random place while I’m out, but more to make myself get creative – my meal plan would look pretty boring if I just wrote “stirfry” every night.

3 caitlin October 13, 2008 at 1:59 pm

naaaaw i dont really meal plan. sometimes i decide my bfast the night before, but i like to just go with “what i crave”!

4 Megan October 13, 2008 at 2:38 pm

What a flavorful lunch! I kind of have an idea of what I want to make during the week, but I don’t have an official plan.

5 Mel October 13, 2008 at 4:16 pm

Apples and almond butter on toast? Sounds heavenly…

I try to meal plan. I have a long list of meals that I want to make within the next couple weeks and then reference that to the store ads I get. It works decently, but sometimes I just don’t want to cook!

6 Bridget October 13, 2008 at 4:33 pm

Yum! That meal looks great!! I need to find that bread somewhere! I’m actually trying to figure out what to do with this acorn squash I just bought.

I don’t really plan my weekly meals…if I cook its usually in the beginning of teh week and I’ll then eat leftovers, but I don’t have time for much cooking on weekdays.

7 Kristie October 13, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I’m a bread addict so nutty flavourful bread sounds pretty perfect to me. Especially with some pb and apple slices. I have yet to try that combo on bread. Sounds great.

I’ve never really planned out my meals, at least not weekly. The furthest ahead is probably a day in advance and even that’s really rare… I really should start doing that once in a while though, I would probably end up making some better half decent meals rather than always throwing something together. I just feel like I wouldn’t end up following my plans half the time…Do you always plan for the entire week?

8 Erin October 13, 2008 at 8:01 pm

That’s a great assortment! I love it!
Glad Dave is treating you right. He has a way with women. Wink wink!
I plan meals for the week, but I only do five. One night is for going out and the other night is for whatever we feel like. 🙂

9 Bobbi October 13, 2008 at 8:10 pm

deeeeliciouse LUNCH! I am like you, I have to sit down every Sunday night and not just plan my life, but plan my meals. It helps me make better eating choices when I know what I have down, not that I always stick to it, there are those bit of random dinners that I can’t controle;)

10 Lindsay October 13, 2008 at 8:11 pm

I totally love your lunch – such a wide variety of delicious tastes & textures – I’m super jealous of the Dave’s Killer Bread – it just looks so delicious on my laptop screen, I can’t imagine what it looks like in person 🙂

11 Jordan October 14, 2008 at 7:49 am

I do the same thing with the Publix circulars. We’re cute =P

I don’t make a meal “plan” like day-by-day, but I shop for 2 weeks at a time & I plan for 10 meals. I know there will be at least 4 days I don’t feel like cooking, since I work till 9:30pm most nights. I just get the stuff to make 10 meals and cook them whenever I feel like it, rather than planning out which day is what. It works out. I like it.