WARNING: ONLY ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE NEXT TREAT IF YOU PLAN TO HAVE OTHER CONSUME IT WITH YOU..
… or you will eat it al by your self!
A couple of weeks ago I enjoyed a Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treat from Whole Foods and have been dying to come up with my own recipe to make this amazing treat. So today I experimented and came up with something wonderful. I have to warn you; these are addicting and I kept finding myself heading to the fridge to pick at the treats!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups Puffed Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup of Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Syrup
- Handful of Chocolate Chips
- Bring the dark brown sugar and syrup to a boil in a small sauce pan
- Add the peanut butter to the sauce pan and cook until all is blended.
- Remove from heat and add the puffed rice until all is coated
- Distribute mixture in to a 8×8 baking pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Refrigerate until firm
I have definitely finished off a good 1/3 of this. It’s too addicting I can’t trust myself with it in the house, so I am going to bring the rest to work tomorrow and spread the wealth.
Before my peanut butter adventures I had a great day of laying by the pool and getting some cardio at the mall. I am a firm believer that going to the mall is the best cardio. At least that’s always my excuse for going. Unfortunately I couldn’t afford to buy anything so I just had fun trying stuff on. Every time I felt the urge to purchase something I would just remind myself that Abbie needs shots and that would bring me back to my senses.
After some lounging by the pool, I worked up a little appetite and decided to break in to a falafel mix I got at Publix yesterday. The instructions were super easy and I only had to broil them in the oven for 2 minutes on each side. I also made a yogurt sauce of non fat plain yogurt, oregano, garlic salt, & pepper.
In the whole wheat pita I stuffed spinach, tomatoes, falafels & the yogurt sauce. It was very yummy.
With the falafel pita I also had some grapes and carrots on the side.
And last, but not least, I enjoyed a Sam Adams Octoberfest beer.
I’ve had this single beer in my fridge forever but am just never in the mood to have a beer by myself with dinner. While I was laying by the pool I was salivating thinking about this beer and knew it would be a perfect component to my lunch.
Before I hit the mall I snacked on a serving of Annie’s Bunnies and 4 Kashi Vegtable Crackers.
I had a HUGE headache after I returned from the mall and came so close to just having toast for dinner. I had been looking forward to preparing my preplanned dinner and knew I would be sad if I didn’t make it, so I told myself to just start cooking and if I didn’t want it by the time it was done, that I would just eat it tomorrow. I am so glad I made myself cook, by the time I was done, my headache was gone and I was ready to eat.
For dinner I had Golden Nugget Acorn Squash Pasta
- 1 Golden Nugget Acorn Squash
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 Fresh Spinach
- Small Grilled Chicken Breast
- Poke the squash with a fork and microwave on high for 8 minutes, cut in half and scoop out the inners to save for later
- Add the onion, broccoli and garlic to a hot pan and cook until tender
- Add the squash, ricotta cheese, and vegetable stock to the veggies and cook on low for about 5 minutes while stirring until all is blended
- Once the sauce resembles a sauce add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the spinach is wilted and everything is warm
This was a great pasta dish that I loosely based on Megan’s Skillet Pumpkin Pasta. I was looking for a fun way to use up the random Golden Nugget Acorn Squash I bought (it was pretty and only $1) so this recipe worked perfectly. I would happily make it again and I believe any sort of squash will do just fine
Sadly, Sunday is coming to a close. This has been a great relaxing weekend, which has been great because next weekend I am once again packed to the rim with plans. I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!