Perfectly Portioned for One

by Meghann on October 11, 2008

Tonight’s meal was perfectly portioned for one person. No matter what I do, I feel like every time I cook I end up with left overs in some shape or form, so tonight I made sure there was just enough for little ole me. This also prevented me from going back to the stove to pick at the food that’s left (a bad habit I have formed!). Since there was no food to pick at I was safe. πŸ™‚

CIMG2213

A couple of weeks ago I saw Shannon bake a Stuffed Salmon that looked absolutely amazing and has been an idea in my head ever since. I took her recipe and reworked it with the ingredients I had on hand.

CIMG2216

I picked up these amazing single portions of salmon today at Whole Foods and stuffed one with garlic, fresh spinach & ricotta cheese. I then seasoned the salmon with salt and pepper, some oregano and baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

The end product was very tasty and I enjoyed every delicious bite.. This is a great, easy way to spice up boring salmon. Thank you Shannon for putting the great idea into my head.

On the side I also enjoyed some oven roasted brussel sprouts and some Wheat Bulgar.

CIMG2218

I also had a slice of this amazing bread that arrived in the mail today.

CIMG2212

My winnings from the Apple: Blogger Secret Ingredient contest arrived this afternoon. I could not wait to try it, but I managed to hold off until dinner. Let me tell you this bread iss amazing!! I chose the Nut & Grain Bread from Dave’s Killer Bread.  The bread has a nutty flavor to it, with a nice crunch from the great seeds that flow through it.

CIMG2219

Thanks again to Andrea and Erin for awarding me with this amazing prize. The bread is very yummy. I look forward to consuming more of the loaf in my the future.

I caved today at Publix and bought some frozen yogurt. Every week I manage to dodge the Ice Cream row as I maze my way through the store, but this week I had such a MAJOR sweet tooth that I somehow managed to hit the aisle first. Weird how that happens? I routed through the case and found some Peanut Butter cup Frozen Yogurt! I literally gasped when I saw it! Yum!

CIMG2225

Tonight I had 1/2 cup of the Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt on top of a broken up Pumpkin Bar. I present to you the perfect dessert! I even microwaved the bar for 15 secs so it was nice and warm, which contrasted nicely with the cold yogurt. I could have easily of had another bowl of this. πŸ™‚

I got alot done today that needed to be done! I now have a stocked kitchen, clean clothes, an empty DVR, an organized living room and so on and so on. The only problem is now, I really do have NOTHING to do tomorrow! Maybe I will just be a lazy pool bum! ?!? Cross your fingers for cloudless skies or I may have my butt glued to the couch. We shall see. πŸ™‚

1 Megan October 11, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Your dinner looks amazing and so does that bread.

I bet that frozen yogurt was scrumptious!

Have a great night!

2 Melissa S. October 11, 2008 at 11:34 pm

omg that fro yo sounds soooo good!!!

have a great day tomorrow doing nothing! i wish i had more of those to take advantage of!

3 magpie October 11, 2008 at 11:43 pm

PB cup froyo! So good!

I like your perfectly portioned meal – the salmon looks great.

4 Bobbi October 11, 2008 at 11:44 pm

o wow what a scruptiouse piece of SALMON! MMM bread! Have a relaxing day tomorrow if no pool that curl up to a good book:)

5 wholefoodswholeme October 12, 2008 at 2:51 am

oh, i remember when i lived on my own and i would have pick-at-the-left-overs issue alllll the time!! cooking for one is no easy feat (even just gearing up to cook up something proper for a solo meal isn’t always something i always felt bothered to do) but you did great here! for a huge huge salmon fan like me, the stuffed salmon sounds absolutely divine. and i LOVE bugur so much!

6 Erin October 12, 2008 at 7:30 am

YUM! Your dinner and dessert look great! I’m so glad that bread is as good as it looks. πŸ™‚

7 VeggieGirl October 12, 2008 at 7:43 am

Love “cooking for one” meals – especially when they include… BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!! πŸ˜€

Hooray for enjoying your BSI winner prize!! Gorgeous bread.

Scrumptious dessert!!

Enjoy your Sunday!!

8 caitlin October 12, 2008 at 9:47 am

mmmmmmmm brussel sprouts! i need to do some life organizing when i get home, im muy jealous you have everything sorted out!

9 Andrea October 12, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Yea! I’m glad you liked the bread! You made a good choice – I might have to try that one next.
Your brussel sprouts look good. I’ve never actually had them myself, but the hubby loves them. I just might have to make some soon…

10 Mel October 12, 2008 at 12:44 pm

Peanut Butter Cup froyo?!?!? That sounds amazing!

11 Jordan October 12, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Brussel sprouts are sooooo good. I can’t wait to make some. I like cooking mine in bacon fat. Hi, I’m SO healthy… hey, but I’m a really good cook =P

12 ttfn300 October 12, 2008 at 10:38 pm

i have the same problem, trying to cook for one! like the addition of ricotta πŸ™‚ that bread looks phenomenal!!!