more ยป" />

Halloween Horror Nights

by Meghann on October 11, 2008

Halloween Horror Nights was a blast!

CIMG2185

I went with my Sister, Her Boyfriend and his Cousin. We ended up hitting 5 out of the 8 Haunted houses, two rides and one show all in the span of 4 hours. Not bad considering some of the lines had this in front of it.

CIMG2181

Yes, we waited in this line, but it actually ended up being only 60 minutes and this was the main Haunted House so we had to try it. Trust me in years past I have seen these lines get up to 120 minutes!  Basically this what you are going to expect with any theme park in Orlando!

CIMG2192

My legs are sooo sore from all the walking and standing around we did. I was out until almost 3:00am!  I can’t even remember the last time I was out that late, but it was worth it and honestly it didn’t even feel that late until I got back into my car to drive home. :/

While walking around we all worked up quite an appetite and food choices were very limited. I ended up having a couple of bites of my sister’s hot dog

CIMG2186

and about 7 of her fries…..

CIMG2190

I regretted this food choice because my stomach felt kind of queezy afterwards. I guess it didn’t like all of the greasy food.

Before I left for my Halloween adventure I ended up having enough time to put together a really great Friday night dinner for myself. I had been dying to mess around with my Applesauce Pork Burger idea for a while and see what other variations I could come up with. I ended with a very tasty alternative that takes the apple and burger combo to a different level.

Cheesy BBQ Apple Chicken Burger

CIMG2151

• 1/3 lb Ground Chicken
  • 1/4 cup Amy’s Organic BBQ Sauce
  • 1/2 small Apple
  • 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola Cheese
  • S&P

I combined all the ingredients in a small bowl and formed a patty. I then grilled it on the George Foreman until it was done.

CIMG2153

This Burger was perfection. It didn’t need any condiments because the BBQ sauce and melted cheese in the inside kept it so moist and delicious. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.

On the side of my burger I had my amazing Butternut Squash Fries (cut up butternut squash with salt and pepper baked in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes)

CIMG2145

And some Broccoli I threw in the microwave for a minute to heat up.

CIMG2149

This meal kicked butt and was way better then any quick choices I would have had if I chose to eat out.

CIMG2143

Also, mid afternoon I snacked on a juicy pear. CIMG2142

And before I walked in the park I had two of Jordan’s Oatmeal Rasin Cookies.

CIMG2157

Wow does that seem like alot of food! Well it was a late night and I did A LOT of walking so I know I needed all of that fuel. I really did have a great time last night with my friends and it really puts me in the Halloween Spirit. I now am so excited to carve pumpkins, pass out candy, get all dressed up and just party with all of my close friends. Its going to be a great Halloween!

Before I go I wanted to show you something. I found some pics of me at HHN from last year, and trust me they’re awful. I cut and pasted a couple together just so you can see the difference the last year has made on me! ( Also keep in mind there was no beer or churros this year for me.. thank god!)

universalcompare

Ughh.. that picture on the left really is awful. The funny thing is at the time I didn’t think it was that bad. Now looking back I can really see a difference. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now I’m off to work my abs. Have a great Saturday!!

1 VeggieGirl October 11, 2008 at 9:26 am

Such a fun evening!!

Scrumptious squash fries (try saying THAT 5 times fast, haha ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), broccoli, pear, and cookies!!

You’ve come so far, Meghann!! Love the side-by-side photos – be proud!!

Happy Saturday!!

2 Nicole October 11, 2008 at 9:31 am

You look so fabulous now! You did not look bad before either, though.

I LOVE those fries! I make them so often.

3 wholefoodswholeme October 11, 2008 at 9:48 am

i love churros!!! hahaha. when i lived in japan and went to tokyo disneyland, getting churros was always one of my ultimate highlights ๐Ÿ˜€ but i must agree, not exactly health-friendly!!

you look so fabulous now – obviously you were just as beautiful last year, but you are glowing with health and well-being in the second picture ๐Ÿ™‚ sounds like a great evening!

4 Melissa S. October 11, 2008 at 10:01 am

what a great time you had with your sister, and your dinner looks amazing!

and you look gorgeous!!! of course you were just as pretty last year, but i’m glad that the changes you’ve made have made you happy!

5 caitlin October 11, 2008 at 10:07 am

i just showed everyone your before and after pictures and everyone was CRAZY impressed. you have put in so much hard work and totally deserve to reap the benefits of your hotness. ๐Ÿ˜€

6 Natalie October 11, 2008 at 11:15 am

I really need to try those fires, good thing I just bought a butternut squash!

You have come very far, and you look really great!! ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Julz October 11, 2008 at 11:32 am

Umm, EXCUSE me beautiful, but you STILL looked BEAUTIFUL last year!!! You look absolutely AMAZING now though, Megs. I’m so proud of yo ass ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy Saturday!!

8 Jordan October 11, 2008 at 11:54 am

Holy crap, you look SO different! Amazing even! =] Good job, lady!

I didn’t really think HHN was that scary. It was mildly disappointing, but the lines weren’t too bad. I made some friends in the lines, heh.

9 magpie October 11, 2008 at 12:03 pm

Looks like a great night, and your burger looks amazing! You look so different in the pics – wow ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great Saturday!

10 Mel October 11, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Looks like you had fun last night!

Your pics are so different… you changed so much over the year! Congrats!

11 Andrea October 11, 2008 at 12:17 pm

you look absolutely amazing! what an inspiration you are for so many people trying to lose weight and be healthy!! you have come a long way – congrats!!!!

i love Halloween haunted houses and scary things. makes me feel like a kiddie again since i cant really go trick-or-treating (although some kids do it in our dorms haha).

i loooove the combo of apple/chicken too! yummmmy.

12 chandra October 11, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Huge change in the past year!! Congrats!! I love doing to copy/paste of then & now pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Erin October 11, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Your dinner is making me crazy!
Congrats on coming so far. You look beautiful and MUCH happier.

14 Allison October 11, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Wow – you look great! It’s amazing the difference a year makes! ๐Ÿ™‚

15 ava October 11, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Wow what a great before and after!! I know that you live a very healthy lifestyle now but what did you do to get where you are today? I’m currently in the middle of my weight loss journey. Lost 25 pounds and have 21 to go but have lost all motivation and it’s not going anywhere. Thanks in advance!

16 Bobbi October 11, 2008 at 2:49 pm

how fun! Love that buger combo, and congrats on the healthful changes to make a better you inside and out:)

17 caroline October 11, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Way. To. Go!!!

You look great, thanks so much for posting the before and after photos. A great inspiration and knowing that you did it healthy and found a form of cardio that you love is such a great story!!

I am sooo impressed with your story and shhh I am almost twice your age (hard to see in writing yikes) but I envy you that you addressed this head on when it confronted you (wish I did!). I get great ideas from you and all the other blogs and even at this age I am inspired by what the blog community is doing….does that make me sound old…:(

Anyway…great job. Keep it up.

18 graduatemeghann October 11, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Thank you everyone for all of your sweet comments! Each and everyone of you have made me smile today!

Ava – First of all congrats on losting 25 lbs! That’s amazing in it self! Honestly when I first started to try to lose weight I knew I could not simply give up all of the foods that I love so I just cut everything in moderation and started to exercise. I discovered running and that has had a huge impact on my life. What you see me eat today is what I have been eating all along my journey. My greatest motivation to stay on track is the way I feel and the results I see. I honestly feel better now then I did before when I was lazy and ate junk. Just stick with it and you will slowly reach your goal. Remember its a marathon not a sprint! You sounds like you have already been a success just be proud in what you have already accomplished because I’m sure you already look amazing!!!

Caroline – Thank you so much for your comment!! I’m glad I nipped it in the butt too before my lifestyle got out of control. I am sooo much happier now and I am glad it shows! ๐Ÿ™‚

19 runjess October 14, 2008 at 4:35 pm

How much weight have you lost!? You look fantastic!

20 graduatemeghann October 14, 2008 at 4:55 pm