A Mini Goal

by Meghann on October 7, 2008

I made this morning a cross training day. After a quick walk around the apartment complex with Abbie, I popped in my Biggest Loser: The Workout: Cardio Max DVD. I know it seems strange to have a Biggest Loser DVD, but this one always kick my butt. I only own 3 work out DVDs and this is one of them. I haven’t done it in a while and it surely had me breathing heavy at the end. J

After I completed the 50 minute DVD I set out on some ab work.

• 50 Crunches
  • 50 Reverse Crunches
  • 50 Side to Side Crunch w/ 5 lb weight in hand
  • 25 Combination crunches with weight between the knees
  • 50 Scissor kicks
  • 12 Pilate side planks where your hand crosses under your torso (each side)
  • 30 Second Plank (x2)
  • 50 Chest lifts (on stomach)
  • 50 Leg lifts (on stomach)
  • 50 Combinations (on stomach)

I tired to explain what I did the best I can. I am trying to experiment with different ab moves to get the best work out I can for my abs.

You may have noticed I have been trying to get a regular schedule going with my crunches; I want to announce that there is a reason behind this. For Halloween this year I have decided to go as a Hula Girl, which means I will be prancing around in my bikini all night. I figured after all of the hard work I have put myself through this last year, that I deserve to be able to prance around in a bikini. J My only problem lies in my abs. My abs are something I have not really cared about before, so I am taking this as an opportunity to start caring. My Mini Goal will be to have decent abs by the time Halloween rolls around so I can proudly wear that bikini.

Notice how I said ‘decent abs’ and not ‘six pack’ I know Halloween is less then a month away, so I’m not crazy. J I just want them to look tight and not like jelly.

My plan will be to do at least a 10 minute ab workout every other day leading up to Halloween. I am still trying to break into a routine that will have me waking up sore after a good session. I will keep tweaking my routine until I find one that burns (in a good way). I will be sure to keep everyone posted and hopefully I will have no problem being the Hula Girl at the end of the month. J Any suggestions you guys have to pull off that bikini will be greatly appreciated!

For fuel this morning after my work out I had some yummy cereal.

My mix included ½ cup of Kashi Go Lean, ½ cup of 365 Brand Peanut Butter Puffs, a small Plum, and 2 spoonfuls of Applesauce.

Alright, time to get back to work. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

1 VeggieGirl October 7, 2008 at 9:05 am

Best of luck with your goal – I KNOW you’ll be able to achieve it!! 🙂

Fabulous breafast!!

Happy Tuesday!!

2 VeggieGirl October 7, 2008 at 9:06 am

breakfast*

3 Melissa October 7, 2008 at 9:15 am

Aw, that sounds so fun!!! Good luck on your tight ab quest 🙂 We can’t wait to hear about your results!

4 Megan October 7, 2008 at 9:37 am

Great workout! Good plan for your ab goals. I do a lot of Pilates to work on my abs because it really gets those deep core muscles!

5 caitlin (seebriderun) October 7, 2008 at 9:41 am

i think you could already be a pretty hula girl 😀

im going to be britney spears (obviously) but im waiting for her new music video to come out so i can wear something from that 😀

6 Bobbi October 7, 2008 at 11:18 am

I think I have been on this journey for tight abs I feel like my whole life…I am going to start getting more seriouse now and your plan is encouraging!

7 rae October 7, 2008 at 11:41 am

I’ve found that an excersize ball is the best way to work your abs. I do 10 mins on that and i wake up SO sore. I also do it to the 10 min solutions: fitness ball DVD. It’s an awesome workout i would definitely suggest it for quick results.

8 Biz October 7, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Wow! That’s quite a work out!

I may steel your ab routine though!

Running outside today – wish me luck!

9 graduatemeghann October 7, 2008 at 12:31 pm

rae – thanks for the tip, my cousin has actually been pushing the fitness ball too. I may need to make a trip to Target after work. 🙂

10 Gaby October 7, 2008 at 1:55 pm

I’m currently embarking on a ab tightening plan as well! Good luck on yours! Let us know how you way up “feeling the burn” the next day— so that I may emulate =)!

11 chandra October 7, 2008 at 3:02 pm

I’m SO glad you mentioned what your halloween costume is… I was nervous about mine because It is basically like I will be walking around in a swimsuit and short skirt all night, but now I don’t feel so alone and I think I’ll go with it. 🙂

12 kristin October 7, 2008 at 3:38 pm

check out the new self magazine (with renee z. on the cover) they have some awesome tear out cards with a couple good core muscle excersies – like RACKS! (Worst exercise ever invented)

13 runjess October 7, 2008 at 4:31 pm

I do abs every day, but I have 3-4 different routines that I mix up during the week. That way you are constantly changing it up and working different ab muscles.

14 runjess October 7, 2008 at 4:32 pm
15 chandra October 7, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Hey – I just found this article on Health.com and thought of this post. I haven’t read through it, but I plan to, I just thought I’d share before I forget! 🙂

16 Hangry Pants October 7, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Hula girl! What fun. And definitely some serious motivation. I find nothing works my abs like yoga.