Someone has a case of the Mondays

by Meghann on October 6, 2008

If it’s not one thing with my lap top then its another. L

The wireless card on my laptop uninstalled itself over the weekend. Apparently it’s a common thing in HPs, unfortunately since mine is out of warranty the people at HP quoted me a price of $298 to fix it. L My laptop still functions properly and has internet when it’s connected directly to the ethernet cord, but that makes the point of having a laptop in the first place a little ridiculous.

Wish me luck as I head to Best Buy after work to see how much it will cost me there to have it fixed or if I should just call it a day and purchase an external wireless component. Either way it goes I might be without my laptop for a couple of weeks and may not be able to post in the evenings or on the weekends. This sucks! What a great way to start off my week. I shall keep you posted on the misadventures of my laptop.

This morning, before I was trying to explain to the people at HP what the hell was wrong with my computer, I did have a decent run and a great breakfast.

I did a nice Monday morning run around the block to loosen my legs up after their 10 mile push yesterday.

Distance: 5.2 miles

Time: 58 mins 13 secs (Including 3 minute cool down)

For breakfast I wanted to try something different. I know a while ago I saw Tina make Bulgar Wheat as a breakfast substitute and I had been eyeing the Breakfast Cereal directions on the side of the box so I decided to give it a try.

o       1/3 cup dry bulgar wheat

o       1/3 cup water

o       Pinch of salt

o       ½ tablespoon brown sugar

o       Shake of cinnamon

o       ½ of a peach

o       Sprinkle of Kashi Go Lean Crunch on top

I am sadly not an oatmeal fan so I was scared to try this combination. Fortunately the texture was nothing like oatmeal and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think this breakfast combination will definitely be making future appearances on the blog. J

I hope everyone else’s Monday started off better then mine. It’s back to work I go.

1 VeggieGirl October 6, 2008 at 8:57 am

Good luck at Best Buy!! Hang in there!!

Thank goodness for great runs and delicious breakfasts, though!! 🙂

2 Megan October 6, 2008 at 8:58 am

I hope all goes well with the computer.

That cereal looks so yummy and full of texture!

3 Allison October 6, 2008 at 9:04 am

SMILE! It’ll be better before you know it! At least you had luck with the bulgar this mornign – right? 🙂

4 Jordan October 6, 2008 at 9:07 am

I’ll fix it for free. Somehow. I swear I can =P I emailed you.

5 caitlin (seebriderun) October 6, 2008 at 9:08 am

meghann –

i can’t do the UCFinish 5.0 miler on the 19th. I want to, but I am way way way too broke to pay for another race. 🙁 If you do it, I’ll go with you and cheer you on. I will even make a sign!

Sorry babe!

6 Natalie October 6, 2008 at 9:45 am

Aww, sorry about your laptop! Computer issues are frustrating! Great breakfast. 🙂

7 Christie October 6, 2008 at 9:57 am

Have you ever tried oatbran.. i never eat oatmeal btu rather I have oatbran every mornign something abotu the taste i love!

8 Bobbi October 6, 2008 at 10:20 am

never heard of bulger wheat, it looks like brown rice. I will have to check it out! Hope your Monday turns out for the better!

9 brooke October 6, 2008 at 10:33 am

I’m sorry to hear about your laptop troubles. (But you made me laugh out loud with your case of the Mondays title – one of my favorite movies ever!)

Your running is so inspiring!

10 maggie October 6, 2008 at 11:58 am

I would say go for the external wireless card – they’re really easy to just pop in and relatively cheap – and much easier than getting the computer fixed. Bobby (my bf) had to do that with his last computer and he was pretty happy with the card. Good luck!

11 jenngirl October 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Ugh computers suck sometimes, hope you get your problem worked out with minimal financial damage!

That breakfast does look hearty, glad you found an oatmeal alternative 😉

12 glidingcalm October 6, 2008 at 12:59 pm

first of all……. i think you are a space cadet for not liking OATMEAL. only the best breakfast EVER. just kidding…I don’t think you’re a kook…but really, WHY DON;T YOU LIKE OATMEAL!?

and so sorry about the computer problems again. they are my worst annoyance and scare. I can’t…CAN not…live without my computer. in the back of my head there is this growing fear that suddenly one day it will crash and I’ll be stuck for several days without a comp or internet. With family and friends all thousands of miles away, I always feel so lost and helpless without my email and internet!!

anywho, good luck at best buy…good luck with the lap top….and beautiful breakfast! I have yet to try bulgar!

take care!

13 Hangry Pants October 6, 2008 at 5:49 pm

Ugh that sucks. I am glad Jordan can help you!

Now, I can’t believe you don’t like oatmeal, but I think it’s awesome you tried the bulgar!

Hope your Monday gets a little better. 🙂 Go for a run, it’ll boost your spirits.