more ยป" />

Gimpy

by Meghann on October 6, 2008

I shall call my laptop Gimpy from now on.

CIMG2024

As try as she might, Jordan discovered the problem with my wireless card was deeper then expected. We tried a couple of patches, but there were no quick fixes. Bummer. So I went to Plan B and waited an hour at the Geek Squad counter at Best Buy to see if they could help. The ‘Geek’ told me what I already knew; HPs are known for bad wireless cards and with no service plan they would have to send it off and charge me upwards of $300. Bummer again. So finally on to Plan C! I spent $50 (instead of $300) on an external wireless card and volia I am now happily typing away on my couch. But now my poor laptop has a permanent cl\rutch. Poor Gimpy. ๐Ÿ™

After running around town trying to fix my laptop let’s just say I built up a good appetite. I’ve been dying to make a BBQ Pizza with Amy’s Organic BBQ sauce, so I went straight to the kitchen to heat it up.

CIMG2018

My wonderful pizza consisted of

• Multigrain Flat Out Wrap
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Pineapple
  • Spinach
  • Mushrooms
  • Okra
  • 1/2 Chicken Breast
  • Amy’s Organic BBQ Sauce
  • Reduced Fat Gorgonzola Cheese
  • Shredded 1.5% Jalapeno Jack Cheese

CIMG2019

It was like a work of art. I’m actually sad that I’ve already finished it. It was soo good! I love Amy’s BBQ sauce. I must do more things with it.

CIMG2020

On the side I made Butternut Squash Fries with the left over squash I had from my Secret Ingredient Dish. They were just as good as sweet potato fries. Yum!

CIMG2016

All in all the perfect meal to finish off a hectic night.

To cure my usual after dinner sweet craving I had a 100 calorie Klondike bar.

CIMG2023

This afternoon around 4:00 I popped a 100 calorie bag of Kettle Popcorn.

CIMG2006

This little bag of popcorn did a great job of keeping me full until I was finally able to eat dinner at 8:00. I was pleasantly surprised.

I’m going to make the best of my new laptop situation and just be happy that I am able to get Internet at all. It could have been much worst! I still very much love my laptop, even if she’s ‘Gimpy’ now. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Laura October 6, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Good luck with the computer crisis!

I love Amy’s products. I haven’t tried the BBQ sauce, but I love just about everything else. ๐Ÿ™‚

2 VeggieGirl October 6, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Hang in there with the computer!!

Oooh, love the Pizza and Butternut Squash Fries!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

3 chandra October 6, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Poor gimpy!! (I secretly love that you’re calling your laptop that!)

I’ve been wondering about that Amy’s Mexican bowl (from your previous post) – I guess I’ll have to pick one up next time!!

4 Megan October 6, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Yummy pizza!

So glad that you were able to post tonight even though your computer is GIMPY.

5 Kristie October 6, 2008 at 9:36 pm

That sucks about the “gimp”. But at least you’ve got it working! Go Gimpy go!

Homemade veggie-stacked pizza completely rules over greasy order-in pizza. Especially with an order of healthified fries right on the side!

6 caitlin (seebriderun) October 6, 2008 at 10:05 pm

hahaha gimpy. i love it!

pizza looks DEEElish.

7 Bridget October 6, 2008 at 10:29 pm

I am totally feeling your laptop pain! Mine just won’t get on the internet even though it says my connection is great! Grrrr (im on the roomies comp.)

your pizza looks SOOOOO GOOD!!! LoVE IT!

8 Alicia October 6, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Awesome looking pizza there. ๐Ÿ™‚

I understand laptop woes as I would feel totally lost without mine.

9 magpie October 6, 2008 at 10:35 pm

Yay for computer working!

And butternut squash fries = awesomeness.

Have a great night ๐Ÿ™‚

10 newbie October 6, 2008 at 10:41 pm

hi, Iโ€™m hoping you can help me with my question.

Iโ€™m really trying hard to lose weight and watching my calorie intake. Iโ€™m eating healthy whole foods.. not junk. Iโ€™m trying to stay at 1300 calories for non workout days and 1500 for workout days.

.. now when I work out should I eat 1500 calories and thats it. or say I burned 400 calories at the gym I can eat 1900 calories?

anyones intake on this?

11 Melissa S. October 6, 2008 at 10:44 pm

man, i wish my pizza looked and had as much good stuff on it as mine! mine is pathetic compared to yours!!!!!

but amazing eats and gimpy…i used to be called gimpy in hs because i broke my toe and couldn’t run….LOL. Love the name!

12 Amanda October 6, 2008 at 11:51 pm

wow, it has been forever since i’ve had a klondike bar. i didn’t know they made 100 calorie ones.

that pizza looks DELICIOUS! awesome job on it ๐Ÿ™‚

13 jenngirl October 6, 2008 at 11:57 pm

aww poor gimpy ๐Ÿ™

yum eats though, I want to try butternut squash fries soon, I’m assuming you cook them the same way as sweet potato fries?

14 Bobbi October 7, 2008 at 12:09 am

wow yummy looking pizza. Hey quick question where did you get those fries?! Did you make them?

15 Pumpkin October 7, 2008 at 12:45 am

Yum! That pizza looks good! (Heck, I kinda just want to eat the topping with a spoon.)

I’m torn with my laptop- Mine’s an 8 (!!!!) year old Dell with NO wireless card. Also, it weighs about 8lbs (not even kidding, it is super heavy.) I love it, but I think it may be time for me to move on…

16 Christie October 7, 2008 at 7:54 am

Ohh thatis like the perfect dinner.. i love the flat out wraps to make pizza… and part skim ricotta makes a great toping for that!

17 graduatemeghann October 7, 2008 at 8:57 am

newbie – I’m afraid I am the wrong person to be asking this question to. I was always horrible with calorie counting and actually found I lost more weight when I gave up calorie counting becuase I was always trying to aim to low. Caitlin at SeeBrideRun, however, gave a teriffic answer to your wuestion in the comments section of this post http://www.seebriderun.com/2008/10/actual-recipes.html

jenngirl – I cooked them exactly the same way as I do my sweet potato frieds. 20 mins @ 415 degrees, flipping once at the half way mark. ๐Ÿ™‚

Bobbi – I cut the fries from the leftover butternut squash I had from the other night. I was amazed how much they actually look like fries compared to my disasterous attempts to make ‘pretty fries’ out of any sweet potato i’ve attempted

Pumpkin – 8 yrs old?!?!?! Honey, its time for a new laptop!!!!

18 Allison October 7, 2008 at 8:57 am

That pizza looks AMAZING!!! I’m sure it was a pain in the ass, but at least you got things resolved with your laptop yesterday. I hate when problems like that come up ๐Ÿ™

19 lauren October 7, 2008 at 9:14 am

butternut squash fries – wow – great idea!

20 Patty M. October 7, 2008 at 11:25 am

I have that Cardio Max DVD too and it is surprisingly tough! The companion one, Power Sculpt, is pretty good too. I don’t use them often but they can be good in a pinch!