Snappy Post

by Meghann on September 30, 2008

I have to get back to work (another fun mailout!) so this will have to be short adn sweet. 🙂

Around 10:00am I had a nice mid morning snack of three Lowfat Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies.

These were actually a little bit stale, so I had to throw them in a microwave for a bit. I’m going to put the rest of these babies in the fridge when I get home to prolong the life of them a little longer.

I was dreaming of my lunch all day! I picked up some random smoked salmon at Publix on Sunday on a whim. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but after a little brainstorming I came up with the perfect solution.

Lox & Bagel! Only I didn’t have any chives so I put some cucumber on top instead. It was pretty tasty and refreshing. Sometimes random pick ups at the store turn into very yummy satisfying meals!

On the side I had some carrot sticks and a handful of grapes (not pcitures because I ate them while the bagel was toasting)

OK back to work!

1 jenngirl September 30, 2008 at 1:31 pm

What a delicious looking lunch! Random finds are the best! 🙂

2 VeggieGirl September 30, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Fun lunch!! Lovin’ the cookies, especially 😉

Good luck with the rest of work!!

3 Megan September 30, 2008 at 2:32 pm

Looks like you used chocolate chips in the pumpkin cookies….I am going to do that next time, which will be soon because I love these cookies! Thanks for the link!

Great lunch!

4 Erin September 30, 2008 at 6:24 pm

I’ll eat your stale cookies!

5 Hangry Pants September 30, 2008 at 7:15 pm

When my mom used to send me oatmeal cookies in college, I ate them for breakfast!

I totally agree about eating lunch out – expensive and too filling! I’ve never been to that pita place, but I always like to get a veggie/hummus pita at similar places.

6 caitlin (seebriderun) September 30, 2008 at 8:30 pm

hollar! wanna meet up for our run tomorrow? i wont be able to make it downtown until around 6 PM – is that OK for you?? let me know!

7 Jordan October 1, 2008 at 8:25 am

It’s so funny that you posted this. It seems like every time I eat or think about a new food I haven’t had in a while, someone else has it too. I ALMOST got a Lox & cream cheese bagel at Einstein Bros yesterday, but I decided to make a quiche instead. Weirddd.