GOODDD MOORRRNNNINNNGGG BLLOOGGG WOORRLLLDDD!!!

by Meghann on September 24, 2008

Just felt like waking everything up a little bit. J

This morning’s weather was perfect running weather. It’s actually been a little windy and rainy in good ole Florida the past couple days; which of course brings the temperature down just a tad. So instead of being in the upper 90s, it’s now in the 80s. Of course that equals ‘cool’ weather for us Floridians; perfect for a nice morning run.

My Stats

Time: 54 min 15 secs (includes 5 minute cool down)

Distance: 4.83 miles

I’m still trying to decide if this will be my last run before my 15k on Saturday. I was already planning on taking Friday off from running, but should I take Thursday off as well? I am going to have to think about it.

Breakfast was a yummy little creation of mine that just seemed appealing this morning.

My Waffle Egg-which. Yum!

I toasted 2 Blueberry Kashi waffles and microwaved a 1/3 cup of egg whites to create the egg-which. I also smeared the top half of the waffle with strawberry jam and drizzled the creation with a tiny bit of syrup. It was sweet and savory, absolutely delicious and very satisfying.

On the side I also had a few ( well a little more then a few) grapes to round out the meal.

Time to get back to work. I am very excited for my lunch I have today. It’s my first experiment with the new secret ingredient! I actually came up with two recipes for the ingredient and will be having the other for dinner. J See you after lunch.

1 VeggieGirl September 24, 2008 at 9:09 am

Haha, good morning to you as well!! 😀

Hooray for great running weather!!

I say, take Thursday off from running if your body needs the extra rest – save your energy for the big race!!

GRAPES. Can’t get enough of them.

Good luck at work!!

Looking forward to seeing how you use the Blogger Secret Ingredient! 🙂

2 Megan September 24, 2008 at 9:35 am

Glad the weather was nice!

Yeah for waffle sandwiches!

3 Erin September 24, 2008 at 9:48 am

I’m up, I’m up! 🙂
What a lovely sando. I must try it. I bet the squishy and the crunchy paired up nicely.
Have a great day – I CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR LUNCH!

4 caitlin (seebriderun) September 24, 2008 at 10:39 am

mmm i cant wait for secret ingredients!

5 runjen September 24, 2008 at 10:44 am

Yum on the breakfast sammie! I’m gonna try that.

I would do a 3 miles tomorrow at a slow/moderate pace and take Friday off. Good luck on the race!

6 Melissa September 24, 2008 at 11:04 am

Hey!! Regarding the Kashi coupons – SHH 🙂 but I actually just emailed them, told them how much I loved their products, mentioned I had a food blog, and shamelessly asked for coupons 🙂

Good luck with the race on Saturday!!!

7 Lori September 24, 2008 at 11:59 am

That breakfast sandwich looks great! Hadn’t thought of a creation like that, but it definitely works. I love the sweet and salty together.

8 Christie September 24, 2008 at 12:22 pm

I dont want to throw you off your training sched. but one thing I would recomend from my experience with running/training/racing… I try NOT to take off the day before a run or workout… do and easy 2-3 miles and when i mean easy i mean easy… it keeps the legs loose and ready!

9 jenngirl September 24, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Great run!

I had Kashi blueberry waffles this morning too, only with greek yogurt and pb, instead of eggs. I wouldn’t have thought to try eggs before, sounds delish though! 🙂

10 Biz September 24, 2008 at 4:01 pm

You should be fine to not run before Sunday. Just take a long walk to keep your muscles loose.

Never thought of egg whites with waffles – NICE!