No More Ghetto Laptop!

by Meghann on September 22, 2008

A couple of weeks ago I was mindlessly sipping some water while blogging away when a hole appeared in my mouth and I some how managed to spit up water all over my open laptop. I, of course, freaked and flipped it over and let it sit and dry for as long s I could stand it. Everything looked fine when I went to mess it with, it wasn’t until after I started to try to type something that I noticed some of the letters weren’t appearing on the screen. :(

I had fried my keyboard!! I called around and found out it would cost over $200 to fix… stupid keyboard. Luckily I have the best IT department in the whole world and they did everything they could to help me out. They let me borrow an external keyboard to plug in so I could at least type on my comp (that’s where the ‘ghetto laptop’ came in to play), they found my keyboard on ebay for under $20 and even offered to pop the new one back in when it arrived. My beautiful new keyboard arrived over the weekend and in a matter of minutes my IT guy was able to pop my old keyboard out and pop the new one in today. It really is a beautiful thing! Now I can sit crosslegged on my couch with my laptop in my lap and happily blog away again. I really owe my IT guy lunch he saved me $200!

This afternoon I snacked on this perfectly preportioned bag of nuts.

CIMG1502

I found these at publix for 69 cents a piece. They’re great to just throw in the purse on the way out the door. I loved the yummy combo of almonds, cashews and pistachios.

Dinner tonight was one of my favorite easy go to meals. It’s so simple and so yummy and reminds me of when I was a little kid.

CIMG1504

I had an apple chicken sausage with sauerkraut & ketchup on a whole wheat bun, sweet potato fries and steamed green beans.

CIMG1508

I love sauerkraut on any sort of hotdog or sausage, it just completes the summer hot dog feel to me. I was eating the sauerkraut straight from the container as I cooked. Sauerkraut really is the perfect condiment, it adds a ton of flavor and volume with out a ton of calories.

CIMG1506

Sweet potato fries are a favorite go to of mine. I just sprinkle them with pepper and salt and bake them in the over at 425 degrees for 20 mins and they always come out perfect.

CIMG1507

I had some green beans on the side just to add a little more color to it.

I caved in for dessert tonight and just went ahead and finished off the rest of Gina’s maccaroons. I just could not help myself.

CIMG1514

Of course now I’m sad they’re all gone! :( I guess I will just have to cross my fingers Gina posts the recipe soon so I can attempt to recreate the divine creations myself. :)

Does anyone watch Dexter? I’ve netflixed the second season and its just getting good! I was afraid they wouldn’t be able to compete with the first season but they definitely just got my attention. I’m off to finish this disc so I can send it back and get another one ASAP!

1 VeggieGirl September 22, 2008 at 8:34 pm

SO sorry about your keyboard!! But hooray for a new one :-)

Sweet potatoes + macaroons = SWOONING ALERT!! ;-)

2 caitlin (seebriderun) September 22, 2008 at 9:25 pm

i got your text! super awesome! :)

3 Laura September 22, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Do you have the al fresco brand chicken sausages? I LOVE those!

You have really cute plates too! It makes me feel bad about the cheap, boring ones I have from the exchange. :)

Glad to hear about your keyboard!

4 Erin September 22, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Does it feel good to be out of the hood? Movin’ on up…
I love kraut too! It’s so tangy! That bun looks really doughy and good.
Have a great night Meghann! And you better start thinking up some apple recipes! ;)

5 Melissa P. September 22, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I keep seeing Gina’s macaroons on everyone’s blog and it is killing me… They look amazing.
I love that black and white plate.

6 Megan September 22, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Yeah for a new keyboard! Your dinner looks delicious! Gotta love sweet potatoes!

7 Rachel September 22, 2008 at 10:01 pm

I love apple chicken sausage. I just started it eating it recently after I got a free sample at EarthFare. :)

Sauerkraut is so good! My mom used to make it with hot dogs cut up into it, but I’ve never had it on a whole hot dog or sausage. I’m going to try it now!

8 Erica September 22, 2008 at 10:07 pm

mmmm sweet potato! I had one for dinner, I can never get enough! I’m glad you got the new keyboard! Computers should be water proof :)

9 Hangry Pants September 22, 2008 at 10:30 pm

hi! I wanted to let you know I got the stevia at whole foods.

have a great night.

10 jenngirl September 22, 2008 at 11:22 pm

baked sweet potato is most definitely a go-to for me! yay for new keyboards!

Sorry your macaroons are gone, I’m definitely going to miss seeing them :)

11 caitlin (seebriderun) September 23, 2008 at 8:30 am

im loving the bigger pictures!

i can get you stevia if you want (from kristien’s clinic)!

12 Meghann September 23, 2008 at 8:43 am

Laura – I’m honestly not sute what the brand is, i just found them at publix. I already threw away the packaging..sorry! And the plates I found on sale at Target! :)

Erin – I already have a recipe brewing in my head. Bring it on!

Caitlin – yes please :) I jsut want to try it and see what all the fuss is about. And I can only get the pictures big like that when I’m using Live Writer at home. It’s funny when you scroll down and compare my pics you can tell when I did the entry at work and when I did it at home on Live Writer.

13 lauren September 23, 2008 at 9:06 am

yum – dinner looks great. I had sauerkraut and kie?basa growing up alot!

14 runjess September 23, 2008 at 10:31 am

I also do the healthy hot dog and sweet potato fries thing! I like bell peppers and onions on top.