I love Kashi

by Meghann on September 22, 2008

Has anyone seen the new Kashi commercials lately? They are yet again conducting a brilliant marketing campaign, where they mail out wonderful free samples of their products. This time around they are promoting their Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie! Yum!

As huge of a Kashi fan as I am, I have yet to pick up a box of these cookies, so that makes me extra excited to receive my free sample. As soon as I heard the commercial this morning I logged straight onto my computer and signed up. To receive your own free cookie visit Kashi’s website at Kashi.com

Speaking of Kashi…

Their wonderful cereal bars finally went on sale at Publix this week. I made sure to pick up two boxes. For my midmorning snack I decided to try the Blackberry Graham flavor.

Everyone always compares these babies to Nutrigrain bars. Unfortunately due to my lack of never having tried a Nutrigrain bar; I have noting to compare it to. So from my unbiased opinion I thought these babies were pretty damn good! It was just like having a little Kelly smeared on a flaky pastry. I can’t wait to try the other flavor I purchased!

Lunch today was actually suppose to be last night’s dinner, but when I was so full from yesterday’s huge lunch I decided to go for something light and hold off on this for lunch today.

I made a quick grilled cheese half of a sandwich and a nice bowl of Publix Spring Vegetable soup.

For the grilled cheese I used a slice of the Whole Wheat Whole Foods brand bread I purchased on Saturday. This bread has no HFCS and actually gives you a pretty generous slice for 90 calories. The price also was not that bad at $2.69 for a decent size loaf. I cut the slice of bread in half, put to slices of fat free swiss cheese in the middle and stuck it in the George Foreman for three minutes. George Foreman makes the best grilled cheeses.

The Publix Spring Vegetable soup is one of my faves. You can find it in the deli section always tastes very fresh like you bought it from a restaurant. I also love the fact you can actually see all the yummy veggies they put in the soup. Aren’t they so pretty?

While I was heading out the door I saw Gina’s wonderful goodie bag in the fridge and decided to grab a macaroon for the ride back to work.

I think this one was even better then the first two I had. It definitely had more of an almond flavor today that was brought out due to the refrigeration. I really need to track this recipe down.

Now its time to get back to work; I have a registration site to create. J

1 rhodeygirltests September 22, 2008 at 1:58 pm

did gina share the recipes?!?!??!!?

2 caitlin (seebriderun) September 22, 2008 at 3:13 pm

haha remember when jenna posted she loved jessica simpson and got attacked? today i have had the pleasure of deleting some anonyomous attacks against my taste in music. 😛

3 VeggieGirl September 22, 2008 at 3:18 pm

The Kashi commercials are so fun 🙂

Mmm, vegetable soup and macaroons!! Yum.

Good luck with your work!

4 Megan September 22, 2008 at 4:10 pm

I just tried the Kashi bar earlier today…let’s just say it tasted so good, I had another one later in the day!

5 graduatemeghann September 22, 2008 at 5:25 pm

Rhodeygirl – I havent seen her post the recipe yet, but I’m hoping with the great demand for it that she will soon

Caitlin – That’s what the delete button is for 🙂

6 Biz September 22, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Love, love, love Kashi products. And about 5 years ago, I don’t know how this happened, I think I may have entered my name to get coupons, when I got a letter asking me if I would taste test new products and review them. Um, of course!

So I probably only got 6 different products over the course of a few months, but it was the first time I had Kashi Go Lean Crunch, which is one of my favorites. I love the big chunks and then at the end of the box I pour all the little bits on a paper plate and roll a banana over it as a coating – so good!

7 Hangry Pants September 22, 2008 at 10:31 pm

I really need those macaroons. I like those little bars, too. I like most thinks kashi except the granola and those bars with the popcorn in them.

8 Jordan September 23, 2008 at 5:02 pm

That grilled cheese looks amazing.

I’ve always wanted to try those Kashi bars. I always look at them in the aisle at the store, but then I buy something else instead. I guess now I’ll have no excuse not to try them.