Tick Tock, Tick Tock

by Meghann on September 19, 2008

Could this day go by any slower? I think the clock knows I am super excited for the weekend so its seconds are ticking an extra tick or something. Come on clock hurry it up!

Luckily, since it’s Friday, and I tend to build up my time over the week for whatever reason, I get to jet out of work around 4:00 today woo hoo!

Which is great since I have this waiting for me at home.

I haven’t done laundry since I moved into my new apartment 3 weeks ago. As you can see it’s built up a tiny bit. There are actually two huge laundry baskets supporting that mountain of clothes. After work today is the only free time I have this weekend to catch up on my washing, so unless I feel like wearing dirty sports bras for my long runs this weekend I need to get to it pronto..:-/

While I was staring at the slow ticking clock this morning I snacked on an Apple Pear.

What’s the cute short name for this hybrid? Would you call it a Papple? AppEar?

I think I’ve had one of these before, but I don’t remember when. It tasted just like a pear with the slight texture of an apple. Some of the bites I took from the center were a bit sour and the single fruit was a bit $$. I think I will just stick to regular pears in the future (which just happen to be one sale this week at Publix!)

My lunch was a boring creation of left overs. It may have been boring, but still yummy and delightful.

I had last night’s Frittata with some pita chips on the side.

These are Stacy’s Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips that were left over from Tuesday’s Guacamole Challenge.  I may have went back after the competition was over and packaged up all of the left over pita chips I could find. J These things are quite tasty. I’m not sure how much they balance my meal out, but they sure do give my taste buds a nice treat.

Since dinner is going to be on the late side tonight, I brought a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar with me to have on my commute home.

I’m sorry for the not so exciting lunch post, but I promise to make it up with dinner! Tonight a bunch of Orlando bloggers and blog readers are getting together at Seasons 52 thanks in large part to Gina’s visit to the area. I’ve never actually been to this restaurant, but have heard good things about it. Apparently the prices aren’t too bad and everything on the menu is under 500 calories. I keep zoning out on the online menu trying to decide what I will want for dinner. Anyone have any great suggestions?

1 magpie September 19, 2008 at 1:52 pm

I love Stacy’s pita chips! The cinnamon ones are my fave. The only problem is I tend to eat a whole bag once I start in. I have to tell Bobby to take them away from me after a little while 😉

2 Lauren September 19, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I could basically copy and paste Magpie’s comment from above (and insert my boyfriends name). I feel the same way! those things are addicting and now I am craving them!

3 graduatemeghann September 19, 2008 at 2:06 pm

That’s exactly why I preportioned the two servings I stole from the competion into their own seperate ziplocs. If they had all been in the same ziploc, I would have ate the whole ziploc baggie worth of chips. 🙂

4 caitlin (seebriderun) September 19, 2008 at 2:43 pm

i am sooooooooooo excited for tonight. i’m also really tired and a nap might be in order!

of course i will make you peanut brittle for the run.

um, speaking of post-race cocktails, i think we should hit the downtown bars immediately following the race… at 9 am. do they even serve booze then?

and, i think no booze month is out the window for month. i shouldve name it something different… like “minimal booze month”. LOL.

5 jenngirl September 19, 2008 at 3:14 pm

soo jealous, I wish I could have dinner with such a cool group of gals and such a cool place tonight!! have fun!

good luck with all that laudry, I hate doing it too!!

6 ttfn300 September 19, 2008 at 3:15 pm

yeah those pita chips rock. and that’s an asian pear, or apple pear, probably called the latter b/c it tastes like a mild apple! (it’s actually not a hybrid) i just had one myself 🙂

7 VeggieGirl September 19, 2008 at 3:16 pm

Gotta love fruit hybrids! 😀

PB COOKIE LARABAR!!!! **swoons**

THE WEEKEND IS ALMOST HERRRRRRRRREEEEE!!!!! Hang in there, Meghann!! And have fun tonight!!

8 graduatemeghann September 19, 2008 at 3:24 pm

ttfn300 – it said Apple Pear on the little sticker on the fruit so that’s why I called it that. Thanks for the ingo though. 🙂

9 Danielle September 19, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Oh my gosh, how exciting! I cannot wait to hear about the fantastic time you’re sure to have with such a wonderful group of bloggers. I’m from NY, so I’ve obviously never been to the restaurant, BUT after being abroad for 3 months sans any contact with this kind of American food that I love oh so much I have my eye on the Grilled Lemongrass Salmon Salad 🙂 mmm, it just sounds divine! Either way I’m excited to see what you and the girls pick, have so much fun!

10 runjess September 19, 2008 at 4:28 pm

Yum! That lunch doesn’t look boring at all!

11 Melissa P. September 19, 2008 at 4:42 pm

That laundry pile is hilarious… It is like a closet monster.
Apple/ Pear- I have never even heard of that before. Now I am going to hunt for one- it is righ up my alley fruit wise.

12 Megan September 19, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Can’t wait to hear about the dinner! I have tried the apple pears, but couldn’t get into them. I agree that they are pricey!

13 Bridget September 19, 2008 at 9:23 pm

I went to Season’s 52 when I was in Ft. Lauderdale this January for vaca! It was REALLY good, and I love that everything is under 500cals…wish they’d open one up here!

You find the most random/interesting fruits!! It’s always fun to see.

Have fun tonight!!

14 Erin September 19, 2008 at 9:38 pm

I love the idea of a Papple! That’s so cute!
And I love that you included a “lifestyle” picture. Those are so fun.
Can’t wait for ya’ll to post about your dinner tonight!