Where’s my seltzer?

by Meghann on September 17, 2008

Look what I found when I went to grab a Raspberry Seltzer today…

Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale… Yuck!

Has anyone ever got something that was different then what the packaging advertised? I bought these on Sunday from a Publix that was a little far from where I live. I made the special trip specifically for these little babies. I was excited to find them and happily spent the $4.98 (I know that’s way too much for a 12 pack) for the pack. I was so happy to bring one of these tasty drinks to work for a refreshing afternoon bubbly, so you can imagine my extreme disappointment when this was what I found.

*Tear*

I guess now I have to bring these back to Publix and try to switch it out. I usually don’t return goods to Publix, but I spent way too much money on these to just look the other way. I have already thrown away the receipt, do you think they will still let me exchange it? All I want is a refreshing raspberry seltzer in a convenient on the go can. L

That put such a downer to my lunch hour, which is sad because I actually had a pretty good lunch.

I made a hummus, cheese, + veggie wrap, with a juicy peach on the side.

I used a WW tortilla, roasted red pepper hummus, swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers, grapes, and just a drizzle of honey mustard vinaigrette. Yum!

On the side I had this perfectly juicy peach.

Of course I put way to much stuff in the tortilla, so I needed my trusty aluminum paper to keep the wrap together as I ate.

I had a cinnamon Special K bar for my mid morning snack.

I know this wasn’t the best snack ever invented, but they were BOGO free at Publix a month ago and I am obsessed with BOGO free deals, even if I really don’t need it.

Tonight I have dinner plans with Caitlin and Jenna. We’re having a ‘pot luck’ dinner. I am in charge of the side dish, I feel like I am  under so much pressure to impress these wonderful foodies. I’ve decided to keep it simple and healthy, we’ll see how it turns out. J

1 caitlin (seebriderun) September 17, 2008 at 1:22 pm

hahaha my lasgna is cooking right now, and im pretty sure it sucks. so don’t worry. 😀 we may have to live off the salad and the cupcakes.

2 Megan September 17, 2008 at 1:51 pm

I hate when you don’t get what you expected. Can’t wait to see the eats from the potluck!

3 quinnlovescali September 17, 2008 at 2:05 pm

Meghann,

Thank for stopping by my blog. My mom also has thyroid issues so along with my annual exam each year I get a full blood work-up. After doing some of my own research I am amazed at the human body. The brain is just incredible. Things have to be perfectly balanced and if one thing is off it can really throw your body for a loop!

On another note, peaches are so scumptious this time of year. You’ve inspired me to stop at a roadside stand today to pick some up!

Cali

4 Lauren September 17, 2008 at 2:35 pm

weird! You should totally take it back! Even without the receipt, I bet they would give you a new one. Or maybe Canada Dry should know that this happened – cant imagine it would be just one case…

5 graduatemeghann September 17, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Great idea Lauren! As soon as I get home I am going to gather all the product info and send Canada Dry a nice little e-mail. Maybe I can get some free seltzer while i’m at it. I do still love their seltzer.

6 VeggieGirl September 17, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Gorgeous peach.

Have fun with Jenna and Caitlin!

7 Christie September 17, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Ohh have fun tonight.. i am sure we will see many pictures!

8 Erica September 17, 2008 at 7:59 pm

What a bummer! Write a letter on the Canada Dry website- they will def comp you! Thats a really bad mess up ( I use to work as an Industrial Engineer in a manufacturing environment)! They will want to keep you as a customer, so they may send you a bundle of free coupons!

9 Natalie September 17, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Thats so wierd about the packaging?!

10 Laura September 17, 2008 at 9:40 pm

That peach looks so good. I’m going to miss summer fruits.

11 Heather @ Hangry Pants September 17, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Have fun at the potluck! I am not sure if they will let you return the soda without the receipt. I agree with Erica, shoot Canada Dry an email with the picture.

12 graduatemeghann September 17, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I sent Canada Dry an e-mail and even included a link to this blog post for their viewing pleasure. 🙂 NOw let’s see what happens. It will be interesting to discover if anyone else had defunked seltzers.